Internship in data science
The successful candidate must be able to conduct base level + one advanced level tasks based on the candidate’s expertise.
- Collect and process IGN forest inventory data
- Conduction spatial-temporal analysis for the patterns and trends of tree species distribution, biomass, and mortality
- Explore the potential causes of those changes with statistical models using IGN forest
- inventory data and other available datasets, such as climate data and land use change data
- Visualize the analysis results with charts
- Develop a user-friendly static web application for the forest inventory data as well as the statistical analysis results from base level
- Improve the prediction model by collecting other relevant datasets, such as satellite image, extreme weather, natural distracters, and pollutant data.
- Explain the model performance with explainable machine learning tools.The application needs to be able to present the users with both time series and the mapBachelor’s or Master’s degree in ecology, data science, statistics, or a related field. Able to communicate and present the work to the colleagues with English.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in ecology, data science, statistics, or a related field. Able to communicate and present the work to the colleagues with English.